Redefine – album overview
Redefine by Kirra is the band’s third album, and it contains an earful of seventeen melodious active rock anthems. The songs cover a myriad of emotional topics, and the first single goes right for the jugular! Highlights on the album include “Caving In“, where the band talks about standing in the face of things around one’s life collapsing and confronting those issues steadfast to resolution. The second single “Free” fundamentally rejects the slippery slope of censorship and policing of people’s thoughts while outlining the conflicting relationship between technology and freedom. “Passageway” is the third single and it details the path one must travel to get out of toxic environments that prevent people from achieving their full potential, while not accepting the fate of others as one’s own. Redefine was produced by Daxton Page and Mastered by Matt Mercado (Soil, The Outfit, Candlebox). Have a listen and be blown away! The album was released worldwide on January 31, 2020.
Press quotes & highlights
- (9/10) “well written, performed and produced… a high quality album with no drawbacks!” – Metal Temple
- (8/10) “somewhere between ambitious and catchy, definitely worth listening to” – Rock Castle Franken
- (7/10) “this record is a good slice of hard rock that is certainly worth picking up” – Metal Injection
- (4/5) “Redefine by Kirra comes from the very heard without being forced into any specific corner. It is hard, heavy, intense, and mental!” – Stormbringer
- “an explosive burst of meaningful lyrics illustrated with alternative metal melodies!” – Original Rock
- (7/10) “Redefine causes a myriad of emotions and delves deeply into just what a band can produce when their imagination is running wild” – GBHBL
- “I love it when an album comes along and I can get excited for what’s possible in the future!” – Bro-Metal
- (6/10) “hard rock with plenty of alternative and prog elements” – Hellfire Magazine
- more coming soon!