Release Date: September 16, 2022
Format: Album (Full Length)
Total Length (MM:SS): 59:00
Catalog No: ECLP 95602
Label: Eclipse Records
©2022 Eclipse Records
Producer(s): Marc Trummer
Mastered by Acle Kahney (TesseracT) at 4D Sounds. Album art by Logan Prenshaw (Valorant, Avatar, LoL).
In A Late Country by Mycelia
In A Late Country by Mycelia is a post-apocalyptic djent metal concept album which tells the story of a young man trying to find his lost girlfriend in the midst of a government-controlled evacuation program dealing with an overpopulated city. The lyrics on the album are actually the lines of the various characters within the story, which (when looking at the album’s lyrics” read more like a script from a movie or television series. Pure science fiction, In A Late Country shatters the stereotypical norms within the djent metal genre. By utilizing synthesizers and ambient noise to accentuate the storyline and emotional journey of the characters therein, Mycelia have once again shown the world they are adept and capable of rewriting the djent metal genre’s typical playbook into something new, fresh, and forward thinking.
The album was produced by Marc Trummer (Sinverse, Atropas, The Kete Effect) at Kid In The Studio and mastered by Acle Kahney (TesseracT) at 4D Sounds. The album art was created by Logan Prenshaw (Valorant, Avatar, LoL).
In A Late Country was released worldwide by Eclipse Records on September 16, 2022.
Press Quotes & Highlights
- (10/10) In A Late Country “With this album, Mycelia have achieved transcendence… Holy f*ck” – Ever Metal
- (8.9/10) In A Late Country by Mycelia “once you find the time to listen to the entire album, it opens up the universe to you, no shit” – Metal Factory
- (7.5/10) In A Late Country by Mycelia “I take my hat off to so much attention to detail, fascinating atmosphere, complexity and variety” – Obliveon Magazine
- In A Late Country by Mycelia “In a Late Country satisfies every craving I didn’t know I needed from multiple genres of music” – Pretty Vacant One
- (6.5/10) In A Late Country by Mycelia “violent blows between melodies with synthesizers, sound walls, & explosions of electronics that add to the metal matrix” – Metalhead IT
- In A Late Country by Mycelia “a record to which one remains glued and which takes its inspiration from some masterpieces of prog metal concept album” – In Your Eyes Zine
- In A Late Country by Mycelia “post-apocalyptic on the creeping change in which we find ourselves today” – Artnoir
- more coming soon…