Glare of Deliverance by Genus Ordinis Dei
Glare of Deliverance is the third full-length album from Italian symphonic death metal masters, Genus Ordinis Dei. The album is a series of ten individual songs, each with its own music video/episode. These “episodes” combine in sequence like a short film or television series that tells the story of a young woman named Eleanor who is persecuted by the Holy Inquisition. Without a doubt, this was the band’s most ambitious undertaking yet, because the scope and vision of the project had grown monumentally huge in comparison to their previous projects. Aside from recording & producing an album worthy of a Grammy in the metal category, the band had to pull together a full production team for the video series which consisted of concept artist Tom Roberts (Ghost), costume designers, animal trainers, a cast of actors & actresses, visual effects supervisors, special effects wizards, stuntmen, catering services, and even a full orchestral choir. By securing special permits, and quarantine of cast & crew they were able to stay on schedule throughout the first half of 2020, and the result is an epic masterpiece of symphonic metal combined with the executed artistic vision of four brilliant musicians.
Glare of Deliverance features ten tracks of powerful, soaring symphonic metal that will leave you amazed, both sonically and visually. The video series brings the concept art of Tom Roberts to life and may even give you nightmares! The horror-esque story line leaves you feeling helpless, unable to save Eleanor from her corrupt accusers, while the hooks of the music remind you of her struggle. Can you resist her glaring eyes while she looks at you and cries for help? You can try, but we don’t think so… Glare of Deliverance will be released on December 4, 2020 via Eclipse Records.
Pre-save / Pre-order “Glare of Deliverance” by Genus Ordinis Dei at https://ffm.to/gnsr
Press Quotes & Highlights:
- (10/10) “‘Glare of Deliverance’ is an unbelievable exhibition of musical storytelling… a wonder so good I ran out of superlatives to grace this review so I will end it with a simple score 10/10” – Metallum Sub Terra
- (90/100) “definitely one of the best albums of the 2020!” – Metal Radio GR
- (9.5/10) “Absolutely nailing it, Glare of Deliverance is a monumental symphonic metal release” – GBHBL
- (8.5/10) “Glare of Deliverance will put Genus Ordinis Dei on the radar and lift them up to be one of the most representative new bands in the symphonic deathcore genre” – Retumba
- (8/10) “Glare Of Deliverance is certainly an impressive musical experience!” – Arrow Lords Of Metal
- (8/10) “there is simply no denying the scope of their music, Genus Ordinis Dei are indeed heavyweights in modern metal” – Metal Temple
- “This isn’t just a great heavy metal album, it’s a wonderful piece of music” – Moshville Times
- (4/5) “one of the best metal albums of the worldwide underground scene” – The Headbanging Moose
- – – – more coming soon!