Artist: As Paradise Falls
Release Date: July 21, 2017
Format: Album (Full Length)
Total Length (MM:SS): 33:04
Catalog No: ECLP 9110
Label: Eclipse Records
©2017 Eclipse Records
Producer(s): Shane Edwards (Northlane, Thy Art is Murder)
Album cover artwork by KTBdesign.net
Digital Ritual – album overview
Digital Ritual is the debut full-length album by Australian metallers, As Paradise Falls. The album was produced by Shane Edwards (Northlane, Thy Art is Murder) at Karma Sound Studios in Thailand. The album art was created by ktbdesign.net. While recording ‘Digital Ritual’ in late 2015, the band’s guitarist Glen Barrie suddenly passed away.
“After everything that’s happened, releasing the album is a very emotional process,” states guitarist Danny Kenneally. “We’re stoked about finally sharing it with the world. At the same time we’re anxious about whether we’ve done everything we can to preserve Glen’s legacy.” About working with producer Shane Edwards, Danny continues, “We’re very thankful that Shane produced our album. He knows exactly how to push us to our limits as musicians, getting the best out of us. He has the unique ability to place an idea of ours in his hands, and from there it just flourishes into something brilliant.”
In February of 2017, the band released the first single from the album, entitled ‘Starblind’. A video for the song was premiered via Metal Hammer in the UK, and Triple J’s The Racket in Australia. In June of 2017, Australia’s HEAVY hosted the worldwide premiere of music video for the band’s second single entitled ‘Dead Message’.
Buy the full album on compact disc, download it via iTunes, Amazon, or Google Play, and stream it via Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Deezer, and more today!
Digital Ritual – Press Quotes & Highlights
- “Combining the most dextrous and heaviest elements from the worlds of djent and deathcore, Digital Ritual is an expansive slamfest full of giant choruses and circle pit bait. Don’t believe us? Check it out!” – Metal Hammer
- 4/5 – “Digital Ritual stands alone on its own merit as an excellent addition to metal collections… they are the real deal” – Heavy
- “As Paradise Falls are jostling for the top deathcore spot in Australia… No shit, get on it!” – Hysteria Magazine
- Added to Spotify’s Deathcore, Homegrown & Heavy, and New Metal Tracks playlists!
- 95/100 – “overall Digital Ritual kicks serious ass!” – The Metal Mag
- 83/100 – “halfway between deathcore and space-prog, Digital Ritual stands up against the greats of their genre” – Lords of Metal
- 5/5 – “As Paradise Falls have truly made a masterpiece!” – Metal Roos
- 4/5 ” a ferocious metal onslaught from start to finish” – The Grim Reader
- 7/10 – “an unrelenting attack of metal, this is a band to keep on your radar” – Metal Temple
- 3.8/5 – “Digital Ritual is a great deathcore record, one of the year’s best, for sure” – The Sonic Sensory
- “Digital Ritual is a fantastic album” – Chimera Magazine
- “If heavy, modern music is your thing, then you’d better check out Digital Ritual” – Wonderbox
- “A very promising full-length, As Paradise Falls should be on your radar” – Metalmance
- “Digital Ritual is an absolute fantastic album” – Bloodrock Media
- “If you like bands like Emmure, Suicide Silence or Northlane, check out As Paradise Falls because they will certainly NOT leave you hanging” – Necromance Digital Magazine
- “Digital Ritual is full on tech-deathcore with no shame!” – The Doorway To